Click to share with friends on Facebook & Twitter
- Written by Arshad Mahmood
British passports are issued by the UK government's Identity and Passport Service (IPS). All adult applicants (aged 16 and over) applying for a passport for the first time must attend an interview with IPS in person to confirm their identity. IPS recommends you allow 6 weeks for your passport application to be processed. You should not make any travel arrangements until you receive your passport.
If you need to renew your passport urgently, IPS offers either a:
- fast-track one-week service
- premium one-day service
Both these services require an appointment at a Passport Office. In some cases IPS may need to take extra time to assess your application, including confirming details you have given and contacting your countersignature.
You should call IPS advice line to make an appointment on 0300 222 0000.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Your Application For British Passport?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with applications for British passports. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for British passport and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
Our Fees For An Application For British Passport
- We will charge you a fee from £400 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for British Passport. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.